|§ 5-1551||Power of Parent to Designate a Person in Parental Relation|
|§ 5-1552||Form of Designation|
|§ 5-1553||Scope of Designation|
|§ 5-1554||Revocation of Designation|
|§ 5-1555||Effect of Designation|
Terms Used In New York Laws > General Obligations > Article 5 > Title 15-A
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Minority leader: See Floor Leaders
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.