|Article 1||General Provisions||26-2-2 – 26-2-3|
|Article 2||General Conservator for County; Guardians of Minors||26-2-26 – 26-2-27|
|Article 3||Guardians of Incapacitated Persons||26-2-43 – 26-2-55|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 26 > Chapter 2
- Balanced budget: A budget in which receipts equal outlays.
- budget year: shall mean the fiscal year for which any particular budget is adopted and in which it is administered. See Alabama Code 45-24-240
- commissioner: The Alabama Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries. See Alabama Code 45-17-231.20
- department: The Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries. See Alabama Code 45-17-231.20
- PETROLEUM PRODUCTS: Gasoline, diesel fuel, and lubricating oil. See Alabama Code 45-17-231.20
- Recess: A temporary interruption of the legislative business.
- Remand: When an appellate court sends a case back to a lower court for further proceedings.
- REVENUE COMMISSIONER: The Commissioner of the Alabama Department of Revenue. See Alabama Code 45-17-231.20
- state: The State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-17-231.20
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Usury: Charging an illegally high interest rate on a loan. Source: OCC
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.
- Writ of certiorari: An order issued by the Supreme Court directing the lower court to transmit records for a case for which it will hear on appeal.