|Article 1||General Provisions||27-23-1 – 27-23-2|
|Article 2||Cancellation of Automobile Liability Insurance||27-23-20 – 27-23-28|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 27 > Chapter 23
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- BULK USER: A person who receives into his or her own storage facilities, in transport truck lots, taxable motor fuel for his or her own consumption. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- commissioner: The Alabama Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- department: The Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- DIESEL FUEL: Any liquid that is advertised, offered for sale, or sold for use as or used as a motor fuel in a diesel-powered engine. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- DYED KEROSENE: Kerosene that meets the dyeing and marking requirements of Section 4082, Title 26 of the United States Code. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- gasoline: Any product commonly or commercially known as gasoline, regardless of classification, that is advertised, offered for sale, or sold for use as or used as motor fuel in an internal combustion engine, including gasohol and blended fuel which contains gasoline. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- LUBRICATING OIL: Those products of petroleum that are commonly used in lubricating or oiling engines and any devices or substitutes for such products of petroleum. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- person: Any natural person, firm, partnership, association, corporation, receiver, trust, estate, or other entity as well as any other group or combination thereof acting as a unit. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidence of debt, deeds and conveyances. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- PETROLEUM PRODUCTS: Gasoline, diesel fuel, and lubricating oil. See Alabama Code 8-17-80
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- real property: includes lands, tenements and hereditaments. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- retailer: A person other than a wholesale distributor that engages in the business of selling or distributing taxable motor fuel to the end user within this state. See Alabama Code 8-17-80