|§ 27-53-2||Genetic test|
|§ 27-53-3||Violation of chapter|
|§ 27-53-4||Applicability to Medicaid programs|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 27 > Chapter 53
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- GENETIC CHARACTERISTICS: A scientifically or medically identifiable gene or chromosome, or alteration thereof, that is known to be a cause of a disease or disorder, or determined to be associated with a statistically increased risk of development of a disease or disorder. See Alabama Code 27-53-1
- GENETIC TEST: A pre-symptomatic laboratory test which is generally accepted in the scientific and medical communities for the determination of the presence or absence of the genetic characteristics that cause or are associated with risk of a disease or disorder. See Alabama Code 27-53-1
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- HEALTH BENEFIT PLAN: A health insurance policy, including a self-insured health plan, that covers hospital, medical, or surgical expenses, health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, medical service organizations, physician-hospital organizations, or any other person, firm, corporation, joint venture, or other similar business entity that pays for, purchases, or furnishes health care services to patients, insureds, or beneficiaries in this state. See Alabama Code 27-53-1
- juries: include courts or judges in all cases when a jury trial is waived, or when the court or judge is authorized to ascertain and determine the facts as well as the law. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.