|39-8303||Restrictions On Employers|
Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 39 > Chapter 83
- Blood relative: means a person’s biologically related parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, sibling, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin. See Idaho Code 39-8302
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- DNA: means deoxyribonucleic acid, ribonucleic acid and chromosomes which may be analyzed to detect heritable diseases or conditions, including the identification of carriers, predicting risk of disease, or establishing a clinical diagnosis. See Idaho Code 39-8302
- DNA sample: means any human biological specimen from which DNA can be extracted, or DNA extracted from such specimen. See Idaho Code 39-8302
- Employer: means any person, partnership, limited liability company, association, corporation, labor organization, employment agency or nonprofit entity that employs five (5) or more persons including relatives, and including the legislative, executive and judicial branches of state government; any county, city, or any other political subdivision of the state; or any other separate unit of state or local government. See Idaho Code 39-8302
- genetic test: means the testing or analysis of an identifiable individual’s DNA that results in information that is derived from the presence, absence, alteration or mutation of an inherited gene or genes, or the presence or absence of a specific DNA marker or markers. See Idaho Code 39-8302
- Individual: means the person from whose body the DNA sample originated. See Idaho Code 39-8302
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any person, organization or entity other than the individual. See Idaho Code 39-8302
- Private genetic information: means any information about an identifiable individual that is derived from the presence, absence, alteration or mutation of an inherited gene or genes, or the presence or absence of a specific DNA marker or markers, and which has been obtained from a genetic test or analysis of the individual’s DNA or from a genetic test or analysis of a person’s DNA of whom the individual is a blood relative. See Idaho Code 39-8302
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Temporary restraining order: Prohibits a person from an action that is likely to cause irreparable harm. This differs from an injunction in that it may be granted immediately, without notice to the opposing party, and without a hearing. It is intended to last only until a hearing can be held.