|§ 27-6A-1||Short title|
|§ 27-6A-3||Licensure requirements|
|§ 27-6A-4||Contract requirements|
|§ 27-6A-5||Duties of insurer|
|§ 27-6A-6||Acts of managing general agent|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 27 > Chapter 6A
- actuary: A person who is a member in good standing of the American Academy of Actuaries. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.16
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- assessment: A standardized diagnostic evaluation for placement in a treatment program. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.01
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Attorney-in-fact: A person who, acting as an agent, is given written authorization by another person to transact business for him (her) out of court.
- board: The Lee County Alternative Sentencing Board. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.01
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- drug: Includes all of the following:
a. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.01
- Federal Reserve System: The central bank of the United States. The Fed, as it is commonly called, regulates the U.S. monetary and financial system. The Federal Reserve System is composed of a central governmental agency in Washington, D.C. (the Board of Governors) and twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks in major cities throughout the United States. Source: OCC
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- insurer: A person defined in subdivisions (2) and (3) of Section 27-1-2. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.16
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- MANAGING GENERAL AGENT: Any person, firm, or association who does both of the following:
a. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.16
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- participant: A person who has been approved for participation in the program. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.01
- program: The Lee County Alternative Sentencing Program. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.01
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608