Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 34 > Chapter 35
- administer: The direct application of a controlled substance, whether by injection, inhalation, ingestion, or any other means, to the body of a patient or research subject by:
a. See Alabama Code 20-2-2
- article: When referring to food or drugs, such term is used in the broad and comprehensive sense and has reference to the food product or the drug product in question. See Alabama Code 20-1-20
- board: The State Board of Agriculture and Industries. See Alabama Code 20-1-20
- CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE: A drug, substance, or immediate precursor in Schedules I through V of Article 2 of this chapter. See Alabama Code 20-2-2
- drug: All medicines and preparations recognized in the United States pharmacopoeia or national formulary for internal or external use and any substance or mixture of substances to be used for the cure, mitigation, or prevention of disease in man or domestic animals. See Alabama Code 20-1-20
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- IMMEDIATE PRECURSOR: A substance which the State Board of Pharmacy has found to be and by rule designates as being the principal compound commonly used or produced primarily for use and which is an immediate chemical intermediary used or likely to be used in the manufacture of a controlled substance, the control of which is necessary to prevent, curtail, or limit manufacture. See Alabama Code 20-2-2
- manufacture: The production, preparation, propagation, compounding, conversion, or processing of a controlled substance either directly or indirectly, by extraction from substances of natural origin or independently by means of chemical synthesis or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis, and includes any packaging or repackaging of the substance or labeling or relabeling of its container; except, that this term does not include the preparation, compounding, packaging, or labeling of a controlled substance:
a. See Alabama Code 20-2-2
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: Individual, corporation, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, or association or any other legal entity. See Alabama Code 20-2-2
- person: An individual, corporation, association, partnership, or other entity. See Alabama Code 20-1-153
- real property: includes lands, tenements and hereditaments. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- state: When applied to a part of the United States, such term includes any state, district, commonwealth, territory, insular possession thereof, and any area subject to the legal authority of the United States of America. See Alabama Code 20-2-2
- TRANSIENT BUSINESS: Any business conducted for the sale of merchandise or services that is carried on in any building, structure, motor vehicle, railroad car, or real property for a period of less than six months in each year. See Alabama Code 20-1-153
- TRANSIENT MERCHANT: Any person that transacts transient business in this state either in one locality or by traveling from place to place in this state. See Alabama Code 20-1-153
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608