Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 34 > Chapter 5
- barber college: includes a school of barbering, college of barbering, barber school, and any other place or institution for the instruction or training of persons in the practice of barbering. See Alabama Code 17-11-7
- circuit clerk: includes any successor in function to the circuit clerk. See Alabama Code 17-11-1
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- practice of barbering: as used in this chapter , is hereby defined to mean any one or combination of the following practices, when done upon the human male body above the seventh cervical vertebra for cosmetic purposes and not for the treatment of disease or physical or mental ailments, and when done for payment, directly or indirectly or without payment for the public generally:
Shaving or trimming the beard or trimming the hair. See Alabama Code 17-11-2
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.