|Article 1||Board of Barbers||32-301 – 32-305|
|Article 2||Licensure||32-321 – 32-329|
|Article 3||Regulation||32-351 – 32-356|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 32 > Chapter 3
- Barber: means a person who is licensed to practice barbering pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 32-301
- Barbering: means any one or a combination of the following practices if they are performed on a person's head, face, neck or shoulders for cosmetic purposes:
(a) Cutting, clipping or trimming hair. See Arizona Laws 32-301
- Board: means the board of barbers. See Arizona Laws 32-301
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Instructor: means a person who is licensed to teach barbering pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 32-301
- Mentor: means a barber who is approved by the board to train a person in a department of economic security-approved apprenticeship program in barbering in an establishment that is licensed by the board. See Arizona Laws 32-301
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Oath: includes an affirmation or declaration. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- salon: means an establishment that is operated for the purpose of engaging in the practice of barbering. See Arizona Laws 32-301
- School: means an establishment that is operated for the purpose of teaching barbering. See Arizona Laws 32-301
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215