Alabama Code > Title 38 > Chapter 9D – Elder Abuse Prevention Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 38 > Chapter 9D - Elder Abuse Prevention Act
- authority: The public corporation and instrumentality of the state organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter. See Alabama Code 24-1A-2
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: The board of directors of the authority. See Alabama Code 24-1A-2
- bonds: Bonds or other securities representing an obligation to pay money. See Alabama Code 24-1A-2
- commissioner: The Commissioner of the State Department of Human Resources. See Alabama Code 38-1-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- mortgages: Mortgages, deeds of trust and other instruments granting security interests in real and personal properties constituting eligible housing units. See Alabama Code 24-1A-2
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- state: The State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 24-1A-2
- Usury: Charging an illegally high interest rate on a loan. Source: OCC