|§ 41-17A-1||Legislative findings|
|§ 41-17A-3||Inventory of fleet vehicles|
|§ 41-17A-4||Average fleet fuel economy improvement|
|§ 41-17A-5||Procurement policies|
|§ 41-17A-6||Green Fleets Review Committee|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 41 > Chapter 17A
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- commissioner: The Alabama Commissioner of Insurance or his or her designee. See Alabama Code 27-12A-1
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- department: The Alabama Department of Insurance. See Alabama Code 27-12A-1
- Embezzlement: In most states, embezzlement is defined as theft/larceny of assets (money or property) by a person in a position of trust or responsibility over those assets. Embezzlement typically occurs in the employment and corporate settings. Source: OCC
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- FUEL ECONOMY: The applicable model year combined highway/city fuel economy with respect to a vehicle as determined on a gasoline gallon equivalent basis as determined by the Administrator of the U. See Alabama Code 27-10-55
- insurance: As defined in Section 27-1-2, and specifically including any contract, arrangement, or agreement, in which one undertakes to do any one of the following:
a. See Alabama Code 27-12A-1
- insurer: A person entering into agreements, contracts of insurance, arrangements, or reinsurance, or a health benefit plan, or a group health plan as defined in Section 607(1) of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, or any entity offering a service benefit plan, and who agrees to perform any of the acts set forth in subdivision (3), including but not limited to, fraternal benefit societies, mutual aid associations, health maintenance organizations, and health care service plans, regardless of whether the person is acting in violation of laws requiring a certificate of authority or regardless of whether the person denies being an insurer. See Alabama Code 27-12A-1
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: An individual, corporation, partnership, association, joint stock company, trust, unincorporated organization, or any similar entity or any combination of the foregoing. See Alabama Code 27-12A-1
- policy: An individual or group insurance policy, agreement, group certificate, contract, evidence of insurance, or arrangement of insurance affecting the rights of a resident of this state or bearing a reasonable relation to this state, regardless if delivered or issued for delivery in this state. See Alabama Code 27-12A-1
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Recess: A temporary interruption of the legislative business.
- reinsurance: A contract, binder of coverage, including placement slip, or arrangement under which an insurer procures insurance for itself in another insurer as to all or part of an insurance risk of the originating insurer. See Alabama Code 27-12A-1
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608