|§ 41-17A-1||Legislative findings|
|§ 41-17A-3||Inventory of fleet vehicles|
|§ 41-17A-4||Average fleet fuel economy improvement|
|§ 41-17A-5||Procurement policies|
|§ 41-17A-6||Green Fleets Review Committee|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 41 > Chapter 17A
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- FUEL ECONOMY: The applicable model year combined highway/city fuel economy with respect to a vehicle as determined on a gasoline gallon equivalent basis as determined by the Administrator of the U. See Alabama Code 41-17A-2
- HEAVY DUTY VEHICLE: Any motor vehicle, licensed for use on roadways, having a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating greater than 14,000 pounds. See Alabama Code 41-17A-2
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- LIGHT DUTY VEHICLE: Any motor vehicle designed primarily for the transportation of persons and with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating of 8,500 pounds or less. See Alabama Code 41-17A-2
- MEDIUM DUTY VEHICLE: Any vehicle having a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating of 14,000 pounds or less and which is not a light-duty truck or passenger vehicle. See Alabama Code 41-17A-2
- preceding: means next before. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Recess: A temporary interruption of the legislative business.
- year: means a calendar year; but, whenever the word "year" is used in reference to any appropriations for the payment of money out of the treasury, it shall mean fiscal year. See Alabama Code 1-1-1