|Division 1||Assistant Sheriff, Bessemer Division||45-37-232|
|Division 2||Chief Deputy Sheriff||45-37-232.20|
|Division 3||Confidential Secretary||45-37-232.40|
|Division 4||Executive Assistant||45-37-232.60|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 45 > Chapter 37 > Article 23 > Part 3
- airport: Any area of land or water designed and set aside for the landing and taking-off of aircraft and utilized or to be utilized in the interest of the public for such purposes. See Alabama Code 4-6-2
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- circuit: means judicial circuit. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- department: The Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Alabama Code 32-1-1.1
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- MOTOR VEHICLE: Every vehicle which is self-propelled and every vehicle which is propelled by electric power obtained from overhead trolley wires, but not operated upon rails, except for electric personal assistive mobility devices. See Alabama Code 32-1-1.1
- owner: A person, other than a lienholder, having the property in or title to a vehicle. See Alabama Code 32-1-1.1
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- person: Any individual, firm, copartnership, corporation, company, association, joint stock association or body politic and includes any trustee, receiver, assignee or other similar representative thereof. See Alabama Code 4-6-2
- person: Every natural person, firm, copartnership, association, or corporation. See Alabama Code 32-1-1.1
- POLITICAL SUBDIVISION: Any municipality, city, town, village or county. See Alabama Code 4-6-2
- Probate: Proving a will
- property: includes both real and personal property. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- real property: includes lands, tenements and hereditaments. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- registration: The registration certificate or certificates and registration plates issued under the laws of this state pertaining to the registration of vehicles. See Alabama Code 32-1-1.1
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- state: A state, territory, or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a province of Canada. See Alabama Code 32-1-1.1
- structure: Any object constructed or installed by man including, but without limitation, buildings, towers, smokestacks and overhead transmission lines. See Alabama Code 4-6-2
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- vehicle: Every device in, upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, excepting devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks or electric personal assistive mobility devices; provided, that for the purposes of this title, a bicycle or a ridden animal shall be deemed a vehicle, except those provisions of this title, which by their very nature can have no application. See Alabama Code 32-1-1.1
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- year: means a calendar year; but, whenever the word "year" is used in reference to any appropriations for the payment of money out of the treasury, it shall mean fiscal year. See Alabama Code 1-1-1