(a) Except as provided in (c) of this section, a certificate of registration shall be renewed under the same requirements as for an original registration, and the commissioner shall issue to the applicant a certificate of registration upon compliance with the registration requirements of this chapter.
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes 08.18.031
- state: means the State of Alaska unless applied to the different parts of the United States and in the latter case it includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
(b) The commissioner may not issue a certificate of registration or renew the registration of an applicant whose registration has been revoked or suspended or against whom a fine has been imposed under this chapter until the period of revocation or suspension has expired and any fine has been paid.
(c) A certificate of registration as a home inspector may not be renewed unless the home inspector has complied with the continuing competency requirements established by the department. The department shall adopt regulations establishing the continuing competency requirements. The department shall require at least eight hours of continuing competency activity for each licensing period. The regulations must provide that a continuing competency activity approved by one of the following entities satisfies the continuing competency requirements of this subsection if the activity meets the requirements established by the department in regulations adopted under this subsection:
(1) Alaska Housing Finance Corporation;
(2) University of Alaska;
(3) American Society of Home Inspectors Alaska Chapter;
(4) a chapter of the International Code Council Alaska;
(5) Alaska State Home Building Association; or
(6) a state agency that offers an activity that meets the requirements set by the department.