(a) The department shall prescribe by regulation a course of training or other requirements prerequisite to the issuance of certificates that provide for the following:
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes 18.08.082 - Issuance of certificates; designations
- person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, organization, business trust, or society, as well as a natural person. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- state: means the State of Alaska unless applied to the different parts of the United States and in the latter case it includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
(1) certification of a person who meets the training and other requirements as an emergency medical technician, emergency medical technician instructor, or emergency medical dispatcher;
(2) authorization for an emergency medical technician certified under this chapter to provide under the written or oral direction of a physician the advanced life support services enumerated on the certificate or enumerated on a written document filed with the department by the technician’s medical director and approved by the department under its regulations;
(3) certification that a person, organization, or government agency that provides an emergency medical service, conducts a training course for a mobile intensive care paramedic, or represents itself as a trauma center meets the minimum standards prescribed by the department for that service, course, or designation; and
(4) authorization for an emergency medical service certified under this chapter to provide under the written or oral direction of a physician the advanced life support services enumerated on the certificate or enumerated on a written document filed with the department by the medical director for the emergency medical service and approved by the department under its regulations.
(b) The department is the central certifying agency for personnel certified under (a)(1) and (2) of this section and under regulations adopted under AS 18.08.080 .
(c) The commissioner shall establish special designations in regulation for varying levels of trauma care provided by any certified trauma center in the state that shall be used to set compensation eligibility and amounts under AS 18.08.085 . The designations shall be based on nationally recognized standards and procedures.