|§ 401.101||Short title|
|§ 401.104||Legislative intent|
|§ 401.111||Emergency medical services grant program; authority|
|§ 401.113||Department; powers and duties|
|§ 401.117||Grant agreements; conditions|
|§ 401.121||Rules and regulations|
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 401 > Part II
- agent: means a person charged by the entity with the responsibility of navigating and operating the personal delivery device. See Florida Statutes 400.9983
- Autonomous vehicle: means any vehicle equipped with an automated driving system. See Florida Statutes 400.9983
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the Department of Health. See Florida Statutes 401.107
- Emergency medical services: means the activities or services to prevent or treat a sudden critical illness or injury and to provide emergency medical care and prehospital emergency medical transportation to sick, injured, or otherwise incapacitated persons in this state. See Florida Statutes 401.107
- Emergency medical services organizations: means public or private entities involved in emergency medical services systems. See Florida Statutes 401.107
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fully autonomous vehicle: means a vehicle equipped with an automated driving system designed to function without a human operator. See Florida Statutes 400.9983
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means any individual, firm, company, agency, organization, partnership, corporation, association, trust, or other business entity of any kind whatsoever. See Florida Statutes 403.08852
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- roadway: refers to any such roadway separately, but not to all such roadways collectively. See Florida Statutes 400.9983
- Rural emergency medical services: means emergency medical services in a county with a total population of 100,000 or fewer people and density of less than 100 people per square mile. See Florida Statutes 401.107
- school: includes all preelementary, elementary, secondary, and postsecondary schools. See Florida Statutes 400.9983