|Article 1||Common Law||01.10.010|
|Article 2||General Definitions, Residency, and Rules of Statutory Construction||01.10.020 – 01.10.065|
|Article 3||Effect and Effective Date of Statutes||01.10.070 – 01.10.100|
|Article 4||The Statehood Act||01.10.110|
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes > Chapter 10
- airport: means an area of land or water designed for the landing and taking-off of aircraft and used or to be used as a point of arrival or departure by air. See Alaska Statutes 02.25.110
- airport hazard: means anything that may obstruct or interfere with the navigation or operation of aircraft on or in the vicinity of an airport, including man-made structures of all kinds, trees and other natural growths, lights or beacons, and electrical or electronic devices emitting signals capable of disrupting radio communication. See Alaska Statutes 02.25.110
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- department: means the Department of Transportation and Public Facilities. See Alaska Statutes 02.25.110
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- structure: means an object constructed or installed by man, including buildings, towers, smokestacks, and overhead transmission lines. See Alaska Statutes 02.25.110
- tree: means any object of natural growth. See Alaska Statutes 02.25.110