Terms Used In Alaska Statutes > Chapter 18 > Article 3
- action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, organization, business trust, or society, as well as a natural person. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- state: means the State of Alaska unless applied to the different parts of the United States and in the latter case it includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060