|Article 1||Records of Secondhand Article Transactions||08.76.010 – 08.76.030|
|Article 2||Licensing and Regulation of Pawnbrokers||08.76.100 – 08.76.590|
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes > Chapter 76
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- bank: means a person doing a banking business, including persons subject to the law of this or another jurisdiction. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- banking: means performing activities that
(A) include, at a minimum, soliciting, receiving, or accepting money or its equivalent on deposit, whether the deposit is made subject to a check or is evidenced by a certificate of deposit, passbook, note, receipt, or other writing. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- branch bank: includes an office, agency, or other place of business located in the state and at which deposits are received, checks are paid, or money is lent, but does not include either the principal office of a bank or an automated teller machine. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- capital: means the amount of outstanding common stock plus outstanding and perpetual preferred stock. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- department: means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- depository institution: means a financial institution whose deposits are insured by an agency of the federal government. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- domestic bank holding company: means a corporation that maintains its principal office and place of business in the state and that has control over a bank or another domestic bank holding company in one of the following ways:
(A) the corporation directly or indirectly or acting through one or more other persons owns, controls, or has power to vote 25 percent or more of a class of voting securities of the bank or holding company. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Grace period: The number of days you'll have to pay your bill for purchases in full without triggering a finance charge. Source: Federal Reserve
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- institution: includes a commercial bank, savings bank, credit union, premium finance company, small loan company, bank holding company, financial holding company, trust company, and savings and loan association. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- international bank: means a corporation, partnership, or association that is organized and operates under the laws of a country other than the United States and that is authorized by its license or charter to carry on a banking business. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- interstate national bank: means a national bank whose principal office, as designated in its articles of incorporation, is not located in this state. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- interstate state bank: means a person organized under the laws of another state and holding a charter, license, or certificate of authority from another state to engage in a banking business. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- municipality: means a political subdivision incorporated under the laws of the state that is a home rule or general law city, a home rule or general law borough, or a unified municipality. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- national bank: means a bank chartered by the United States. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- out-of-state bank holding company: means a company that
(A) is a bank holding company as defined in 12 U. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- peace officer: means
(A) an officer of the state troopers. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, and evidences of debt. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- property: includes real and personal property. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- recently formed bank: means a state bank or national bank that conducts a banking business in the state and that commenced the banking business in the state on or after July 1, 1982, and that has not been in existence and continuously operating in the state for a period of three years or more. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- state bank: means a bank organized under this chapter. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990