|Article 1||Offenses Relating to Controlled Substances||11.71.010 – 11.71.090|
|Article 2||Standards and Schedules||11.71.100 – 11.71.210|
|Article 3||Miscellaneous Provisions||11.71.300 – 11.71.360|
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes > Chapter 71
- action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association, organization, business trust, or society, as well as a natural person. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, and evidences of debt. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- property: includes real and personal property. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- state: means the State of Alaska unless applied to the different parts of the United States and in the latter case it includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- writing: includes printing. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060