Terms Used In Alaska Statutes > Chapter 5
- action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated. See Alaska Statutes 10.20.920
- commissioner: means commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development. See Alaska Statutes 10.20.920
- domestic corporation: means a nonprofit corporation subject to the provisions of this chapter, except a foreign corporation. See Alaska Statutes 10.20.920
- foreign corporation: means a nonprofit corporation organized under laws other than the laws of this state. See Alaska Statutes 10.20.920
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- member: means one having membership rights in a corporation in accordance with the provisions of its articles of incorporation or bylaws. See Alaska Statutes 10.20.920
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, and evidences of debt. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.