In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 11-801
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. "Aggregate" means cinder, crushed rock or stone, decomposed granite, gravel, pumice, pumicite and sand.
2. "Area of jurisdiction" means that part of the county outside the corporate limits of any municipality.
3. "Board" means the board of supervisors.
4. "Commission" means the county planning and zoning commission.
5. "Indian reservation" means all lands that are held in trust by the United States for the exclusive use and occupancy of Indian tribes by treaty, law or executive order and that are currently recognized as Indian reservations by the United States department of the interior.
6. "Inspector" means the county zoning inspector.
7. "Newspaper of general circulation in the county seat" means a daily or weekly newspaper if any is published in the county seat.
8. "Rezoning" means a change in the zoning ordinance changing the zoning district boundaries within an area previously zoned.
9. "Zoning district" means any portion of a county in which the same set of zoning regulations applies.
10. "Zoning ordinance" means an ordinance that is adopted by the board of supervisors and that contains zoning regulations together with a map setting forth the precise boundaries of zoning districts within which the various zoning regulations are effective.
11. "Zoning regulations" means provisions that govern the use of land or buildings, or both, the height and location of buildings, the size of yards, courts and open spaces, the establishment of setback lines and such other matters as may otherwise be authorized under this chapter and that the board deems suitable and proper.
12. "Zoning regulations amendment" means a change in the zoning ordinance that modifies, adds to, transfers or repeals one or more zoning regulations or that adds one or more zoning regulations.