A. In each county having a chief adult probation officer, such officer, with the approval of the presiding judge, shall:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 12-254
- Adult: means a person who has attained eighteen years of age. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Probation officers: Screen applicants for pretrial release and monitor convicted offenders released under court supervision.
1. Establish organizational and operational procedures for the deputy adult probation officers of the county.
2. Direct the work and activities of the deputy adult probation officers of the county.
3. Supply such information as may be requested by the state department of corrections pursuant to section 41-1604, subsection A, paragraph 6.
4. Perform other duties assigned by the presiding judge, which duties may include serving as a juvenile probation officer, if such officer meets the minimum qualification prescribed by section 8-203, subsection C.
B. In a county having no chief probation officer the adult probation officer shall supply the information required by subsection A, paragraph 3 of this section.