Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 12 > Chapter 2 > Article 6
- Adult: means a person who has attained eighteen years of age. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Presentence report: A report prepared by a court's probation officer, after a person has been convicted of an offense, summarizing for the court the background information needed to determine the appropriate sentence. Source: U.S. Courts
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Probation officers: Screen applicants for pretrial release and monitor convicted offenders released under court supervision.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215