A person who intentionally or knowingly obtains or seeks to obtain any benefit from another person upon a claim or representation that he can or will improperly influence the action of a public servant is guilty of a class 4 felony.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 13-2606
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Benefit: means anything of value or advantage, present or prospective. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Felony: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment in the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Knowingly: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Person: means a human being and, as the context requires, an enterprise, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association, a partnership, a firm, a society, a government, a governmental authority or an individual or entity capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property. See Arizona Laws 3-1703