|§ 8702||Prohibited conduct|
|§ 8703||Contractor responsibilities|
|§ 8704||Inspection authority|
|§ 8705||Administrative offsets|
|§ 8706||Civil actions|
|§ 8707||Criminal penalties|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 41 > Subtitle IV > Chapter 87
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.