The following constitute a complete defense to any civil or criminal action brought under this chapter or under any other law:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 13-3013
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
1. A good faith reliance on an ex parte order or subpoena that is issued pursuant to section 13-3010, 13-3015, 13-3016, 13-3017 or 13-3018.
2. Providing information pursuant to section 13-3012.
3. Providing assistance, information or facilities for an emergency interception pursuant to section 13-3015.
4. Disclosing stored electronic communications or preserving records, content or evidence pursuant to section 13-3016.
5. Providing equipment, information or assistance to render stored electronic communications in a usable form pursuant to section 13-3016.