|Chapter 2||Applications, Procedures, and Reports|
|Chapter 3||Duties of the Court|
|Chapter 4||Procedures Regarding Intercepted Communications|
|Chapter 5||Confidentiality of Disclosure, Remedies, and Offenses|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 35 > Article 33.5 - Interception of Telephonic or Telegraphic Communications
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Court reporter: A person who makes a word-for-word record of what is said in court and produces a transcript of the proceedings upon request.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- Sheriff: means the sheriff of the county or another person authorized to perform sheriff's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5