A. If the division, following an inspection or investigation determines that there is reasonable cause to believe that there exists a violation of a standard or regulation the division shall issue a notice of violation directing any repairs, improvements, changes or additions necessary to eliminate the hazard. Each notice of violation shall be in writing, delivered either by mail or in person and shall contain the following:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 23-478
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Authorized representative: means the boiler chief and boiler inspector employed by the division. See Arizona Laws 23-471
- Boiler: means a closed vessel in which water or other liquid is heated, steam or vapor is generated or steam or vapor is superheated, or any combination thereof, under pressure or vacuum for a use that is external to itself, by the direct application of heat from the combustion of fuels or from electricity. See Arizona Laws 23-471
- Commission: means the industrial commission of Arizona. See Arizona Laws 23-471
- Director: means the director of the division of occupational safety and health. See Arizona Laws 23-471
- Division: means the division of occupational safety and health of the commission. See Arizona Laws 23-471
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Lined hot water heater: means a fired lined water heater with linings providing corrosion resistance for supplying potable hot water for commercial purposes. See Arizona Laws 23-471
- operator: means any individual or type of organization, including this state and all political subdivisions of this state, that has title to or controls, or has the duty to control, the operation of one or more boilers, pressure vessels or lined hot water heaters. See Arizona Laws 23-471
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Pressure vessel: means a container for the containment of pressure, either internal or external. See Arizona Laws 23-471
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. A particular description of the nature of the violation, including a reference to the provision of this article or of any standard or regulation alleged to have been violated.
2. A reasonable time for the abatement of the violation.
B. Each notice of violation issued pursuant to this section or a copy or copies of such notice of violation shall be prominently posted at or near each place a violation referred to in the notice of violation existed.
C. If in the opinion of the director or the director’s authorized representative the continued operation of the defective boiler, pressure vessel or lined hot water heater constitutes an immediate danger to the safety of the occupants of the establishment or the persons operating such boiler, pressure vessel or lined hot water heater the director or director’s authorized representative may condemn such device and require the boiler, pressure vessel or lined hot water heater to be returned to a condition allowing safe operation before use of the boiler, pressure vessel or lined hot water heater is resumed.
D. On failure of an owner or operator to comply with either the requirements of a notice of violation issued pursuant to subsection A of this section or condemnation pursuant to this subsection, the commission may file an action in the superior court in the county where the violation occurred to enjoin the owner or operator from engaging in further acts in violation of the requirements of the notice of violation or the condemnation. Any person found to be in contempt of an injunctive order of the court shall be fined not less than fifty nor more than three hundred dollars with each day of violation constituting a separate contempt.