In an action to establish paternity, the court shall enter an order of paternity if either:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 25-813
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
1. The service of summons is complete and the respondent fails to appear or otherwise answer.
2. An order for genetic or blood testing has been entered and the respondent fails to appear without cause for an appointment to take a blood or genetic test or fails to take a blood or genetic test.