A. "Resident", for the purpose of registration and operation of motor vehicles:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 28-2001
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Foreign vehicle: means a motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer that is brought into this state other than in the ordinary course of business by or through a manufacturer or dealer and that has not been registered in this state. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Manufacturer: means a person engaged in the business of manufacturing motor vehicles, trailers or semitrailers. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Nonresident: means a person who is not a resident of this state as defined in section 28-2001. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Owner: means :
(a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
1. Except as provided by paragraph 2, means the following:
(a) A person who, regardless of domicile, remains in this state for an aggregate period of seven months or more during a calendar year.
(b) A person who engages in a trade, profession or occupation in this state or who accepts employment in other than either:
(i) Seasonal agricultural work.
(ii) Temporary seasonal work for a period of not more than three months if the state in which the temporary seasonal worker is permanently domiciled has a similar exception.
(c) A person who places children in a public school without payment of nonresident tuition.
(d) A person who declares that the person is a resident of this state for the purpose of obtaining at resident rates a state license or tuition fees at an educational institution maintained by public monies.
(e) An individual, partnership, company, firm, corporation or association that maintains a main office, a branch office or warehouse facilities in this state and that bases and operates motor vehicles in this state.
(f) An individual, partnership, company, firm, corporation or association that operates motor vehicles in intrastate transportation, for other than seasonal agricultural work.
(g) A person who is registered to vote in this state.
2. Does not mean:
(a) A nonresident owner of a foreign vehicle that is registered and licensed in a state adjoining this state and that is used in this state for other than the transportation of passengers or property for compensation, if the nonresident owner and vehicle are domiciled in an adjoining state but within twenty-five miles of the border of this state and if the state in which the owner resides and in which the vehicle is registered exempts from payment of registration and weight fees like vehicles from this state, regardless of whether the nonresident owner engages in a trade, profession or occupation in this state or accepts employment.
(b) An out-of-state student enrolled with seven or more semester hours regardless of whether the student engages in a trade, profession or occupation in this state or accepts employment in this state. For the purposes of this paragraph, "out-of-state student" means either:
(i) A person who is enrolled at an educational institution maintained by public monies and who is not classified as an in-state student under section 15-1802.
(ii) A person who is a student at a private educational institution and who would not be classified as an in-state student under section 15-1802 if the student were attending a public educational institution.
(c) A nonresident daily commuter as defined in section 28-2291.
B. In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Mobile home" means a structure that is transportable in one or more sections, including the plumbing, heating, air conditioning and electrical systems that are contained in the structure, and that, when erected on site, is either of the following:
(a) More than eight body feet in width, thirty-two body feet or more in length and built on a permanent chassis.
(b) Regardless of the size, used as a single family dwelling or for commercial purposes with or without a permanent foundation.
2. "Serial number" means the number placed on the vehicle by its manufacturer or assigned pursuant to section 28-2165.