A. A person driving a vehicle shall not refuse to submit the vehicle to an inspection and test if required to do so by an officer authorized by section 28-982.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 28-983
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Driver: means a person who drives or is in actual physical control of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- highway: means the entire width between the boundary lines of every way if a part of the way is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Owner: means :
(a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
B. On receiving a notice as provided in section 28-982, the owner or driver of the vehicle shall comply with the notice and shall secure within five days the certification of adjustment that is provided on the notice. When the certification is completed, the notice shall be forwarded to the issuing department. In lieu of compliance with this subsection the vehicle shall not be operated, except as provided in subsection C of this section.
C. A person shall not operate a vehicle after receiving a notice pursuant to section 28-982 until the vehicle and its equipment have been placed in proper repair and adjustment and otherwise have been made to conform to the requirements of this chapter, unless it is necessary to return the vehicle to the residence or place of business of the owner or driver that is not more than a distance of twenty miles or to a garage.
D. If repair or adjustment of a vehicle or its equipment is found necessary on inspection, the owner of the vehicle:
1. May obtain the repair or adjustment at any place the owner chooses.
2. Shall not operate the vehicle on a highway until the certification of adjustment is obtained.