A. At least annually:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 28-984
- Bus: means a motor vehicle designed for carrying sixteen or more passengers, including the driver. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Owner: means :
(a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- School bus: means a motor vehicle that is designed for carrying more than ten passengers and that is either:
(a) Owned by any public or governmental agency or other institution and operated for the transportation of children to or from home or school on a regularly scheduled basis. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
1. Each school bus registered in this state shall be inspected according to rules adopted pursuant to section 28-900.
2. An official certificate of inspection and approval shall be obtained from the department of public safety for each school bus registered in this state.
B. The inspections shall be made and the certificates shall be obtained as prescribed by law and by rules adopted pursuant to section 28-900.
C. Inspection of a school bus shall be made when the bus is initially registered in this state. The superintendent of the school district shall have all school buses that are registered by the district inspected pursuant to this section. If a school bus is privately owned, the owner of the school bus shall have the bus inspected pursuant to this section.
D. The department of public safety shall enforce this section.