A. The animal services division council, established pursuant to section 3-105, shall be composed of members who are qualified electors. No more than three members from any one county may serve on the council at any time. The members shall represent the following categories:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 3-1202
- Aquaculture: means the controlled propagation, growth and harvest of aquatic animals or plants, including fish, amphibians, shellfish, mollusks, crustaceans, algae and vascular plants. See Arizona Laws 3-1201
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 3-101
- Division: means the animal services division of the Arizona department of agriculture. See Arizona Laws 3-1201
- Equine: means horses, mules, burros and asses. See Arizona Laws 3-1201
- Poultry: means any domesticated bird, whether live or dead, and includes chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, guineas, ratites and squabs. See Arizona Laws 3-1201
- Range: means every character of lands, enclosed or unenclosed, outside of cities and towns, upon which livestock is permitted by custom, license or permit to roam and feed. See Arizona Laws 3-1201
- Ratite: means ostriches, emus, rheas and cassowaries. See Arizona Laws 3-1201
1. The range cattle growing industry.
2. The cattle feeding industry.
3. Producing dairies.
4. The meat packing industry.
5. The sheep and goat industries.
6. The swine producing industry.
7. The equine industry.
8. The aquaculture industry.
9. The egg or poultry industry.
10. The hay or feed industry.
11. The ratite industry.
B. All members of the council shall be actively engaged in the type of business they represent. If a member acquires his representation through his affiliation with a corporation, such member shall be actively engaged in a management position and his primary source of income shall be derived from the corporation. Members shall be appointed by the director pursuant to section 3-105.