In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 3-1201
- Department: means the Arizona department of agriculture. See Arizona Laws 3-101
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 3-101
- Division: means the animal services division of the Arizona department of agriculture. See Arizona Laws 3-1201
- Equine: means horses, mules, burros and asses. See Arizona Laws 3-1201
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Livestock: means cattle, equine, sheep, goats and swine, except feral pigs. See Arizona Laws 3-1201
1. "Aquaculture" means the controlled propagation, growth and harvest of aquatic animals or plants, including fish, amphibians, shellfish, mollusks, crustaceans, algae and vascular plants.
2. "Associate director" means the associate director of the division.
3. "Division" means the animal services division of the Arizona department of agriculture.
4. "Equine" means horses, mules, burros and asses.
5. "Livestock" means cattle, equine, sheep, goats and swine, except feral pigs.
6. "Livestock officer" means an animal health and welfare officer, animal health and welfare inspector or investigator employed by the department.
7. "Poultry" means any domesticated bird, whether live or dead, and includes chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, guineas, ratites and squabs.
8. "Range" means every character of lands, enclosed or unenclosed, outside of cities and towns, upon which livestock is permitted by custom, license or permit to roam and feed.
9. "Range livestock" means livestock customarily permitted to roam upon the ranges of the state, whether public domain or in private control, and not in the immediate actual possession or control of the owner although occasionally placed in enclosures for temporary purposes.
10. "Ratite" means ostriches, emus, rheas and cassowaries.