In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 3-1771
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the Arizona department of agriculture. See Arizona Laws 3-101
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 3-101
1. "Associate director" means the associate director of the division.
2. "Calfhood vaccination" means an official vaccination given to a female dairy or beef type animal at the age prescribed by the director.
3. "Dairy herd" means one or more dairy animals.
4. "Division" means the animal services division of the Arizona department of agriculture.
5. "Official vaccination" means a calfhood vaccination that is registered with the division, with a vaccine approved by the director on the state veterinarian’s recommendation, and properly identified as such, given to a dairy type or beef animal at the age prescribed by the director and administered by a licensed veterinarian.
6. "Person" includes an individual, firm, corporation, company or association.
7. "Reactor" means an animal afflicted with brucellosis as determined by a test approved by the director, except an officially calfhood vaccinated animal under the age prescribed by the director on the state veterinarian’s recommendation.
8. "Ultimate consumer" means the person drinking or consuming milk or milk products.