A. The department or its duly authorized representatives may enter at all reasonable times on any private or public property for the purpose of determining whether there is compliance with or a violation of this chapter and rules adopted under this chapter, except that entry into areas under the jurisdiction of the federal government shall be effected only with the concurrence of the federal government or its duly designated representative.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 30-681
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Department: means the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 30-651
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 30-651
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Radiation: means :
(a) Ionizing radiation, including gamma rays, x-rays, alpha and beta particles, high speed electrons, neutrons, protons and other nuclear particles or rays. See Arizona Laws 30-651
B. If the director determines that there is reasonable cause to believe that a radiation source is not in compliance with the licensing requirements of this chapter, the director or the director’s designee or agent may enter on and into the premises of any radiation source that is licensed or required to be licensed pursuant to this chapter at any reasonable time to determine compliance with this chapter and rules adopted pursuant to this chapter. An application for licensure under this chapter constitutes permission for and complete acquiescence in any entry or inspection of the premises during the pendency of the application and, if licensed, during the term of the license. If the inspection shows that the radiation source is not adhering to the licensing requirements of this chapter, the director may take action authorized by this chapter. A radiation source whose license has been suspended or revoked in accordance with this subsection is subject to inspection when applying for relicensure or reinstatement of the license.