A. Every department, institution, board or commission receiving private monies or contributions available for its support or for the purpose of defraying expenses or work done under its direction, other receipts that are subject to refund or return to the sender or receipts that have not yet accrued to the state shall, in depositing such monies with the state treasurer as provided in this chapter, certify to the department of administration:

Terms Used In Arizona Laws 35-149

  • Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
  • Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215

1. The source from which such monies were received.

2. The terms and conditions under which and the purpose for which the monies were received.

3. The names of the trustees or administrators of the monies or contributions.

4. The name of the person authorized to approve expenditures from each fund.

B. The department, institution, board or commission shall keep an accounting of each such fund or contribution prescribed in subsection A of this section entirely separate and distinct from all other funds.

C. All disbursements from such funds and contributions shall be made on warrants, checks or electronic funds transfer vouchers of the department of administration, which shall issue such warrants, checks or electronic funds transfer vouchers only on adequate vouchers approved by the person or persons authorized to approve the disbursements.  Separate sets of accounts with each of such funds and contributions, and the receipts and disbursements thereof, shall be maintained by the department of administration.

D. This chapter does not apply to monies received by universities for the subsistence of dining halls, dormitories, bookstores or student activities, to federal monies or private monies of students received by state educational institutions, or to private monies of patients or inmates of state institutions, when such monies deposited with an officer of such an institution are declared not to be state monies.