Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 35 > Chapter 1 > Article 3
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Allotment: means the allocation of an appropriation or other fund source over a full fiscal year within a budget program or expenditure class. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Authorized agent: means a commercial enterprise that is contracted to process transactions on behalf of a state agency. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- Budget unit: means any department, commission, board, institution or other agency of this state receiving, expending or disbursing state monies or incurring obligations against this state. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- Cardholder: means any person:
(a) Named on the face of a credit card to whom or for whose benefit the credit card is issued by an issuer. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- Claim: means a demand against the state for payment for either:
(a) Goods delivered or, in the case of highway construction, goods or facilities to be delivered by the federal government. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Convenience fee: means an additional fee that is imposed by an authorized agent on a web-based or voice response portal transaction for the acceptance of a credit card that would not be charged if the same transaction were completed by an alternate method of payment. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Credit card: means :
(a) Any instrument or device, whether known as a credit card, charge card, credit plate, courtesy card or identification card or by any other name, that is issued with or without a fee by an issuer for the use of the cardholder in obtaining money, goods, services or anything else of value, either on credit or in possession or in consideration of an undertaking or guaranty by the issuer of the payment of a check drawn by the cardholder, on a promise to pay in part or in full at a future time, whether or not all or any part of the indebtedness represented by this promise to make deferred payment is secured or unsecured. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Discount fee: means the fee that is calculated and charged by the credit card issuer or a financial institution pursuant to an agreement for the processing of any credit card transaction. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
- Encumbrance: means an obligation in the form of any purchase order, contract or other commitment that is chargeable to an appropriation or any other authorized fund source and for which a part of the fund source is reserved. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- National Credit Union Administration: The federal regulatory agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. (NCUA also administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, which insures the deposits of federal credit unions.) Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Processing fee: means a fee that is charged by an entity other than a credit card issuer or the processing financial institution to process a credit card transaction. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- Purchase order: means a document that is signed by the appropriate agency authorized signatory, that requests a vendor to deliver described goods or services at a specific price and that on delivery and acceptance of the goods or services by this state becomes an obligation of this state. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Service fee or surcharge: means a fee, whether fixed or variable, that is in addition to the transaction amount, that is charged by a state agency when the state agency accepts a credit card for payment and that is necessary for the state agency to process the payment. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- substitute check: means a paper reproduction of an original warrant or check that is created from an electronic image of the original warrant or check and that meets all of the following:
1. See Arizona Laws 35-101.01
- Transaction amount: means the total amount due to the state for any goods, service or license or anything else of value. See Arizona Laws 35-101
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215