A person shall not knowingly perform or induce an abortion before that person completes an affidavit that:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 36-2157
- Abortion: means the use of any means to terminate the clinically diagnosable pregnancy of a woman with knowledge that the termination by those means will cause, with reasonable likelihood, the death of the unborn child. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. States that the person making the affidavit is not aborting the child because of the child’s sex or race and has no knowledge that the child to be aborted is being aborted because of the child’s sex or race.
2. Is signed by the person performing or inducing the abortion.