|Article 1||General Provisions||36-2151 – 36-2159|
|Article 2||Abortion Reporting Requirements||36-2161 – 36-2164|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 36 > Chapter 20
- Abortion: means the use of any means to terminate the clinically diagnosable pregnancy of a woman with knowledge that the termination by those means will cause, with reasonable likelihood, the death of the unborn child. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Affiliate: means a person that directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a video service provider. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Agreement: means any agreement or contract. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Auscultation: means the act of listening for sounds made by internal organs of the unborn child, specifically for a heartbeat, using an ultrasound transducer and fetal heart rate monitor. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- boundaries: means :
(a) For a city or town, all of the area within the corporate limits of the city or town. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Conception: means the fusion of a human spermatozoon with a human ovum. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Gestational age: means the age of the unborn child as calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Highway: means all roads, streets and alleys and other dedicated public rights-of-way that are operated and maintained by a local government. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Incumbent cable operator: means a cable operator or other video service provider that on December 31, 2019 is providing video service in this state pursuant to a local license. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- License: means a franchise as defined in 47 United States Code section 522. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- License fee: means a license fee imposed by a local government on a video service provider for using the highways to provide and for the privilege of providing video service. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Local government: means any city, including a charter city, town or county. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Local law: means any charter, code, ordinance, resolution, regulation or other law of a local government. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Local license: means any license, agreement, permit or similar authorization that meets all of the following:
(a) Allows a person to construct or operate a video service network within the boundaries of a local government. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Medical emergency: means a condition that, on the basis of the physician's good faith clinical judgment, so complicates the medical condition of a pregnant woman as to necessitate the immediate abortion of her pregnancy to avert her death or for which a delay will create serious risk of substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- Medication abortion: means the use of any medication, drug or other substance that is intended to cause or induce an abortion. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- Minor: means a person under the age of eighteen years. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Physician: means a person who is licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 13 or 17. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- pregnancy: means a female reproductive condition of having a developing unborn child in the body and that begins with conception. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- Probable gestational age: means the gestational age of the unborn child at the time the abortion is planned to be performed and as determined with reasonable probability by the attending physician. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- Service area: means that part of the boundaries of a local government within which a video service provider is authorized to provide video service pursuant to a uniform video service license or a local license. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Surgical abortion: means the use of a surgical instrument or a machine to terminate the clinically diagnosable pregnancy of a woman with knowledge that the termination by those means will cause, with reasonable likelihood, the death of the unborn child. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- Ultrasound: means the use of ultrasonic waves for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes to monitor a developing unborn child. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- Unborn child: means the offspring of human beings from conception until birth. See Arizona Laws 36-2151
- Uniform video service license: means a license that is issued by a local government in the form of a uniform video service license agreement as adopted pursuant to section 9-1411. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Wilfully: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215