A. An Arizona highway patrol fund is established.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-1752
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Department: means the department of public safety. See Arizona Laws 41-1701
- Patrol: means the Arizona highway patrol. See Arizona Laws 41-1701
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Reserve: means the department of public safety reserve. See Arizona Laws 41-1701
B. The Arizona highway patrol fund consists of:
1. Monies distributed to the fund from the Arizona highway user revenue fund by the legislature subject to section 28-6537.
2. Miscellaneous service fees.
5. Insurance recoveries.
6. Receipts from the sale or disposal of any property held by the Arizona highway patrol or purchased with Arizona highway patrol monies.
7. Monies received from the public safety personnel retirement system pursuant to section 20-224.01.
8. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-3513.
9. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-2007.
C. Subject to legislative appropriation, the patrol superintendent shall administer and spend monies in the Arizona highway patrol fund in conformity with the laws governing state financial operations.
D. Monies in the Arizona highway patrol fund:
1. Do not revert to the state general fund or Arizona highway user revenue fund.
2. Are exempt from the provisions of section 35-190 relating to lapsing of appropriations.
E. Subject to legislative appropriation, monies in the Arizona highway patrol fund shall be used to administer the provisions of law relating to the highway patrol and the Arizona highway patrol reserve and all matters pertaining to those laws, except that monies received pursuant to subsection B, paragraph 7 of this section shall be used for the department of public safety.