A person is guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor who either:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-1754
- Department: means the department of public safety. See Arizona Laws 41-1701
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Patrol: means the Arizona highway patrol. See Arizona Laws 41-1701
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. Without authority, wears the badge of a member of the highway patrol or department of public safety or a badge of similar design that would tend to deceive.
2. Impersonates a member of the highway patrol or department of public safety with the intent to deceive.