A. Except as provided by section 41-1750, a person commits unauthorized access to criminal history if the person intentionally, knowingly or recklessly does any of the following:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-1756
- Criminal history record information: means information collected by criminal justice agencies on individuals consisting of identifiable descriptions and notations of arrests, detentions, indictments, informations, or other formal criminal charges, and any disposition arising therefrom, sentencing, correctional supervision, and release. See Arizona Laws 41-1701
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. Permits unauthorized access to the Arizona criminal justice information system or to criminal history record information.
2. Uses the Arizona criminal justice information system or criminal history record information for a purpose other than as provided by section 41-1750.
3. Releases or procures the release of criminal history information.
B. A person who violates this section is guilty of a class 6 felony.
C. For the purposes of this section:
1. "Arizona criminal justice information system" has the same meaning prescribed in section 41-1750.
2. "Criminal history record information" has the same meaning prescribed in section 41-1750.