In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Agency" includes one or more of the state agencies consolidated into the department of economic security by this chapter.
2. "Comprehensive plan" means an evaluation of client needs and the availability of services to meet these needs within the state.
3. "Council" means the economic security council.
4. "Department" means the department of economic security.
5. "Director" means the director of the department of economic security.
6. "State plan" means any of the several state plans which establish the federal-state contractual relationships necessary for federal funding.
7. "Community work and training" means work, training or job development which will be provided through a plan jointly entered into by the department and an agency, department, board or commission of the state or federal government, county, city, political subdivision or private agency. Such work, training or job development will take place in and about public or private works or improvements and will utilize labor and services required to be performed where feasible by those eligible for this program.