In this title, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 42-1001
1. "Board" or "state board" means either the state board of tax appeals or the state board of equalization, as applicable.
2. "Court" means the tax court or superior court, whichever is applicable.
3. "Department" means the department of revenue.
4. "Director" means the director of the department.
5. "Electronically send" or "send electronically" means to send by either e-mail or the use of an electronic portal.
6. "Electronic portal" means a secure location on a website established by the department that requires the receiver to enter a password to access.
7. "E-mail" means an electronic transmission of a message to an e-mail address. If the message contains confidential information then "e-mail" means the electronic transmission of a message to an e-mail address using encryption software that requires the receiver to enter a password before the message can be retrieved and viewed.
8. "Internal revenue code" means the United States internal revenue code of 1986, as amended and in effect as of January 1, 2018, including those provisions that became effective during 2017 with the specific adoption of their retroactive effective dates but excluding all changes to the code enacted after January 1, 2018.