If an action is commenced against the department, a copy of the summons and the complaint or the notice of appeal, whichever is applicable, shall be served upon the director to effect service upon the department.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 42-1007
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Department: means the department of revenue. See Arizona Laws 42-1001
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 42-1001
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.