It is unlawful for any person to knowingly do any of the following:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 44-1231.01
- Indian: means a person who is enrolled or who is a lineal descendant of one enrolled upon an enrollment listing of the bureau of Indian affairs, or upon the enrollment listing of a recognized Indian tribe domiciled within the United States border. See Arizona Laws 44-1231
- offer for sale: means an attempt or offer to dispose of, or solicitation of an order or offer to buy, a security or interest in a security for value or any sale or offer for sale of a warrant or right to subscribe to another security of the same issuer or of another issuer. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- Person: means an individual, corporation, partnership, association, joint stock company or trust, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency or any other unincorporated organization. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- Reconstituted turquoise: means dust and turquoise particles which are mixed with plastic resins and are compressed into a solid form so as to resemble natural turquoise. See Arizona Laws 44-1231
- sell: means a sale or any other disposition of a security or interest in a security for value and includes a contract to make such sale or disposition. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- Synthetic turquoise: means any compound or mineral which is manufactured or treated so as to closely approximate turquoise in appearance. See Arizona Laws 44-1231
- Turquoise: means a hydrous copper sulphate, containing aluminum salts, plus iron. See Arizona Laws 44-1231
1. Sell or offer for sale any products represented to be authentic Indian arts and crafts unless the products are in fact authentic Indian arts and crafts.
2. Sell or offer for sale any authentic Indian arts and crafts represented to be of silver or nonauthentic Indian arts and crafts represented to be of silver unless the products are made of coin silver or sterling silver.
3. Sell or offer for sale nonauthentic Indian arts and crafts unless the nonauthentic Indian arts and crafts are clearly labeled as to any characteristics which make them nonauthentic.
4. Sell or offer for sale any unnatural turquoise, mounted or unmounted, without a written disclosure of whether the turquoise is stabilized, treated, reconstituted or synthetic.
5. Sell or offer to sell reconstituted turquoise or synthetic turquoise unless the turquoise is clearly labeled as synthetic turquoise.
6. Engage in any false, misleading or deceptive advertising or any unconscionable trade practice regarding Indian arts or crafts. In this paragraph "unconscionable trade practice" means any act or practice in connection with the sale or offering for sale of Indian arts or crafts to a person which to the person’s detriment takes advantage of the person’s lack of knowledge, ability, experience or capacity to a grossly unfair degree or results in a gross disparity between the value received by the person and the price paid.