Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes > Chapter 241 - Fraudulent contracts
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Charity: An agency, institution, or organization in existence and operating for the benefit of an indefinite number of persons and conducted for educational, religious, scientific, medical, or other beneficent purposes.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Highway: includes all public ways and thoroughfares and all bridges upon the same. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Mortgagee: The person to whom property is mortgaged and who has loaned the money.