A. A pawnbroker shall make a true, complete and accurate report each day of each article the pawnbroker receives through a reportable transaction. The report shall be delivered within two business days to the sheriff or the sheriff’s designee of the county in which the pawnbroker is licensed by mail, hand delivery or electronic means as approved by the sheriff or the sheriff’s designee. For the purposes of this subsection "electronic means" means a computer diskette or modem.
Attorney's NoteUnder the Arizona Laws, punishments for crimes depend on the classification. In the case of this section:
|Class 1 misdemeanor||up to 6 months||up to $2,500|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 44-1625
- Designee: means a local law enforcement agency designated in writing by a county sheriff to perform designated duties specified in this article on behalf of the sheriff. See Arizona Laws 44-1621
- Identification document: means a valid driver license, a valid nonoperating identification license, a valid armed forces identification card or any other valid government issued photo identification. See Arizona Laws 44-1621
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Pawn ticket: means the actual executed document that records the pawn transaction and describes the conditions of the loan agreement between the pawnbroker and pledgor. See Arizona Laws 44-1621
- Pawnbroker: means a person who is engaged in the business of advancing money on the security of pledged goods or is engaged in the business of purchasing tangible personal property on the condition that it may be redeemed or repurchased by the seller for a fixed or variable price within a fixed or variable period of time. See Arizona Laws 44-1621
- Pledgor: means the person leaving the personal property with the pawnbroker and executing the pawn ticket. See Arizona Laws 44-1621
- Reportable transaction: means any transaction conducted by a pawnbroker in which merchandise is received through a pawn, purchase, trade or consignment. See Arizona Laws 44-1621
B. The pawnbroker shall make the report of each item received through a reportable transaction on the form provided or approved by the sheriff or the sheriff’s designee.
C. The report form provided or approved by the sheriff or his designee shall include at least all of the following:
1. The last, first and middle name of the pledgor or seller.
2. The permanent address and telephone number, if applicable, of the pledgor or seller.
3. The physical description of the pledgor or seller including height, weight, hair and eye color, sex, race and date of birth.
4. The number and type of the identification document presented by the pledgor or seller.
5. An accurate, legible description of each item pledged or sold, including the manufacturer’s name, model number, serial number, caliber, size, type of item and any owner applied number, inscription or monogram.
6. The pawnbroker’s name and address and the clerk’s initials or identifying number.
7. The date and time of the initial pawn or purchase transaction.
8. The type of transaction and initial pawn ticket number.
9. A fingerprint of the pledgor or seller.
D. The pledgor or seller shall sign the report and attest to the following statement that shall appear on the report in ten point bold type:
All information in this report is complete and accurate. I am the owner of the goods described in this report or I am authorized to enter into this pawn or sale transaction on behalf of the owner of the goods described in this report. I understand that I will be guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor if the information in this report is not complete and accurate, if I am not the owner of the goods pledged or sold or if I am not authorized to enter into the pawn or sale transaction on behalf of the owner of the goods.