A. This chapter applies to dealer agreements in effect on the effective date of this chapter at the time the agreements are extended, revised, modified or changed in any manner and applies to all dealer agreements entered into or renewed on or after the effective date of this chapter.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 44-6709
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- dealer: means any person, partnership, corporation, association or other form of business enterprise that is primarily engaged in the retail sale of equipment. See Arizona Laws 44-6701
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Supplier: means any person, partnership, corporation, association or other business enterprise that is engaged in the manufacturing, assembly or wholesale distribution of equipment or repair parts, or both, and includes any successor in interest, including a purchaser of assets or stock, or a surviving corporation that results from a merger, liquidation or reorganization of the original supplier. See Arizona Laws 44-6701
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
B. A provision in any contract or agreement with respect to a supplier that requires jurisdiction or venue outside of this state or requires the application of the laws of another state or country is void with respect to a claim otherwise enforceable under this chapter.